Defining a strategy for improving your overall customer experience requires an in-depth understanding of your customers, the market, and your organisation’s capabilities.
Enacting that strategy requires a top-to-bottom commitment to put customers at the centre of your business – delivering new initiatives and establishing the required feedback loops to continually evolve your customers’ experience.
For some organisations, this experience transformation represents a complete step change and shift in mindset and culture from operations and technology-focussed to customer-focussed. For more sophisticated programs, it may require a series of smaller, carefully considered optimisations and experiments to shift key customer metrics such as Net Promoter Score® (NPS), Time To Resolution (TTR) and Customer Lifetime Value (CLT).
Regardless of where you are on your journey towards customer excellence, our five-step process can be applied to help achieve your desired outcomes.
- Define who your customers are through research, profiling, clustering, segmentation and persona building.
- Understand your customer’s needs, wants and perceptions.
- Scan the market to understand your competitors, trends, opportunities and threats.
- Craft a brand-rooted customer experience vision that is authentic, inspiring, and mobilizing.
- Plan the activities and resources needed to realise your vision and the KPIs required to measure your progress.